"I travelled all around the world for all these years, saw so much traffic and the need for our scooters to help," the eight-time Olympic champion said at the launch of the sturdy-looking contraption.
But his entry into the market comes at a delicate time after Paris authorities warned operators of the thousands of electric scooters that have inundated the city to keep them off pavements or face a temporary ban.
On Monday, the ten competitors who have launched services in Paris all signed a "code of good conduct" with the mayor's office, which says the city is now "saturated" with the devices.
Bolt denied that he was too late out of the blocks, saying his brand had worked with the Paris authorities.
"It's not about (being) late, it's about doing it right," the 32-year-old Jamaican 100 metres and 200m world record holder said.
"We took our time to do the right thing and talk to authorities and get everything right to be sure that when we launch everything is perfect".
Since retiring, Bolt had attempted to become a professional footballer but a trial with an Australian club ended late last year without success.